Sage MAVERICK Saltwater Fly Rod
NO BS here. This rod is the #1 choice for saltwater anglers that are looking for a rod in the $500 price range. It's a fabulous all around rod, easy enough to cast with fabulous loop control at distance, ample pickup power, and doesn't feel like a "club".
Sage Maverick Details:
Ankle-deep bonefish flats to bait balls in bluewater, the MAVERICK has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. Tailored for quick-shots and hearty fights, it’s the perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20 ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup.
The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results. Sage’s new MAVERICK has been designed to maximize these quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the MAVERICK is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
• Quick-Shot Presentations
• Increased Pulling And Lifting Power
• Oversized Guide-Set To Help Reduce Tangles Of Larger Saltwater Knots
SAGE MAVERICK FEATURES
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color
- Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Bonefish: Scientific Anglers Amplitude Bonefish
- Primary: Scientific Amplitude Angler's Grand Slam
- Big Saltwater Baitfish Patterns: RIO Tropical Outbound Short
ROD WEIGHTS AND SPECIES:
690-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations for spooky fish
790-4: Skinny water / Stealthy presentations with added wind and fish fighting power
890-4: All-around saltwater tool and go-to bonefish rod
990-4: All-around saltwater tool for windier days and larger/heavier flies
1090-4: Fish-fighting power. Lightweight tarpon or heavy-duty permit applications
1190-4: Big flats species, lightweight offshore fishing, and go-to tarpon rod
1290-4: Big flats species and lightweight offshore fishing
1486-4: Offshore bluewater