G Loomis NRX+ Spey Rods
CRUSH VARIABLES. (#crushvariables)
Four-season spey anglers face a horde of tricky obstacles. Wildly fluctuating water levels and clarity, alternating directional wind, and complex hydraulics are just a few of the familiar factors two-hand casters must regularly overcome. Successfully securing a hook-up on the swing is difficult enough. Take control, and conquer common variables with balanced fishing tools forged to amplify effectiveness in volatile fishing environments.
Regardless of line system used, these adaptable actions were developed to boost performance, enhance angler ability, and maximize versatility. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ SPEY provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern two-hand rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse through each stage of the casting cycle.
DYNAMIC RECOVERY TECHNOLOGY
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
• Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
• Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
• GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
• Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
• Hard chrome snake guides
• Titanium SiC stripper guides
• AAA grade cork top & bottom grip
• Custom aluminum reel seat
• Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
• Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
NRX+ Spey Line Recommendations:
- 6126-4 casts well with a 390-420 skagit
- 7133-4 casts great with a 450-510 grain Skagit Max, which was lighter than we thought it would be. It is a light and easy casting rod, important to let the rod do the work instead of putting a lot of power into it.
- 8133-4 prefers a 570-600 grain skagit head.
- 9133-4 casts well with a 660-690 skagit