Thomas & Thomas Contact II // Euro Nymph Rods
The Contact II was an immediate contender for "top rod" in the Euro category the first time we fished it. At the time we discovered this rod we didn't even carry T & T fly rods, but knew they had built something special here. The incredible lightweight, crisp action, and connectivity is paralleled by few if any other rods. It feels a bit more powerful than most competing models in the lighter weights, but doesn't seem to lose sensitivity. The other difference is the fine finish, cork, reel seat, and larger fighting butt. It's a very nicely finished rod and a pleasure to fish and look at.
Contact II Euro Nymphing Rods
After nearly three years of design and development, T&T is excited to announce the release of the highly anticipated Contact II series. Contact II rods are a fully redesigned second generation of T&T’s Contact rod series.
Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by our proprietary aerospace resin system. Aligning these fibers at strategic angles as we roll Contact II blanks improves accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. Components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Improved guide spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, which decreases line sag from the angler’s hand to the first guide.
Features of the Thomas and Thomas Contact II Euro Rods:
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- Downlocking reel seat standard on 2wt to 4wt models
- Uplocking, all-metal reel seat and full wells grip standard on 1086 model