Scott Sector // Fast Action Saltwater Rod
Scott Sector // Fast Action Saltwater Rod
SALTY, AND SWEET.
Imagine a rod that casts tight high line speed loops effortlessly and turns over your leader straight into the wind; a rod that delivers the fly on target with just one false cast, and can pick it back up and redirect if the fish changes course; a rod that is intuitive so you can focus on the fish instead of your cast; a rod that feels light and alive in your hand and has the touch and feel needed to make short quick shots or float the fly in quietly. All that, plus a rod hand crafted with the very best components to ever grace a fly rod-
Introducing the all new Sector Series of high performance, hand crafted fly rods from Scott.
Sector fly rods advance our award winning ReAct technology with new tapers and our new Carbon Web. They also introduce the most cutting-edge fly rod components ever created. Scott’s all new Carbon Web technology improves torsional stability and rod durability by encasing the unidirectional fibers in a web of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber. These fibers help counteract torsional forces giving you better tracking and power for long linepickups and redirecting casts. They also help to reduce the propagation of micro fractures from stress or impact that can run in unidirectional layups.
Sector rods are fit with newly designed components that defy harsh saltwater environments, redefine reliability, and enhance angler experience. They feature all new CeRecoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and super slick Zirconia inserts, along with Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance. The guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth.
The reel seats are milled from aircraft grade aluminum and feature self-indexing slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification. Flor grade cork grips are turned to our modified wells shape, and the new fighting butts feature a thick soft rubber for greater comfort in tough fights or while bracing on long casts.
No need to dream about your perfect fly rod- It’s here. The new Sector Series from Scott.
Scott Sector Features:
Cerecoil: CeRecoil stripping guides combine nickel titanium ‘shape memory’ frames with super slick, high-tech Zirconia inserts for a new patent pending guide that will never corrode, will return to its original shape if bent, and has the lowest coefficient of friction for better line shooting.
And just to go completely over the top, our CeRecoil guides are PVD coated in a low reflective black finish. The Physical Vapor Deposition process creates a tougher smoother finish than traditional plated finishes.
Carbon Web: Scott’s all new Carbon Web technology increases torsional stability and rod durability by encasing the unidirectional fibers in a web of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber.
These fibers help counteract torsional forces giving you better tracking and positive long linepickups for redirecting casts. They also help to reduce the propagation of micro fractures from stress or impact that can easily run in unidirectional layups and lead to failure.
Combining Carbon Web with Scott’s ARC and multi-modulus lay-ups, creates the newestground- breaking advancement in fly rod technology. And if you just want a quick translation of all this tech-it simply means higher performance, easier fishing, and more fun for you.
- ReAct: ReAct technology combines our X-Core design with a new complex materials and taper system to create a break-through in fast action rod design. Distance, control and accuracy are compromised by waves that vibrate in the rod, even after the cast has been made. Simply making the rod stiffer to stop these vibrations kills feel. ReAct counteracts energy sapping vibrations by speeding the recovery of the blank without the need to stiffen the rod with more material. This puts the feel in fast. And that’s a really good thing.
X-Core: Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength, and X-Core, or Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
We use fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement to create rods that have stiffness with feel, and stability with sensitivity. This design helps the rod come alive in your hands. It’s a superior approach to the slow taper, thick walled designs that deliver stiffness at the expense of feel.
- Multi Modulus: Fine-tuned flex and recovery. Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fiber lay ups in blank design. By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, we’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks. The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
ARC: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
Scott is the leader in carbon blank reinforcements. Our latest ARC technology adds hoop strength to our blanks without adding weight, and counteracts torque that can reduce casting accuracy and line control.
- Fiberfuse Resin: Our all new FiberFuse enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
Mil-Spec III: Another first, brought to you by Scott.
Most reelseats are made with a glossy, thin, and easily marred type 2 anodize. Scratches in type 2 anodize expose the aluminum underneath, leading to worn finishes and potential for corrosion.
Our Mil-Spec III anodize penetrates the surface of the aluminum, creating the hardest, most durable, and most corrosion resistant finish available. Mil-Spec III prevents galvanic reactions with dissimilar metals and is resistant to temperatures above 900 degrees fahrenheit.
- Recoil: Patented nickel titanium snake guides will never rust, and are made from 'memory metal' so always return to their original shape even after being crushed or bent.
- 8464 - 8'4" 6wt 4 Piece: Think of this like the creek rod of saltwater or bass fishing. It may not be the longest casting or hardest fighting rod, but when targeting smaller fish at close to medium ranges it is, without question, the most fun rod you'll ever fish. Pin point accurate and so light in hand this rod puts a smile on your face every time you make a cast or fight a fish.
- Grain Weight Range: 160-175 grains
9064 - 9'0" 6wt 4 Piece: The best 6 weight we've ever made. There, we said it.
Equally at home targeting small bones and reds as it is in the drift boat with streamers. This rod is still every bit a 6 weight but goes the extra mile in easily delivering flies on target with little effort. It never feels like a 8 weight in sheep's clothing but can outperform a lot of its bigger line weight cousins.
- Grain Weight Range: 160-180 grains
- 8107 - 8'10" 7wt 2 Piece: A workhorse for light salt and medium duty fresh. Think bonefish one day, reds the next, smallmouth on the weekend and then big carp in the shallows next time you go out. Great with floating or sinking lines and small to medium weighted flies.
- Grain Weight Range: 180-195 grains
- 9074 - 9'0" 7wt 4 Piece: This might be the award winner for light meets power. Incredibly light in the hand but such a rocket due to line speed and loop control. This rod can slice through all but the most vicious winds. Not a BIG fly rod, but with any standard bonefish fly, shallow water redfish fly, or trout streamer, this rod is joyous to cast and fish. It's for sure one of the 'hero' rods in the series. Every time we pick it up we feel invincible.
- Grain Weight Range: 1805-205 grains
- 8484 - 8'4" 8wt 4 Piece: Do you love rods that feel weightless in hand, cast razor sharp loops with blistering line speed, and take no effort to fish? If you answered yes, and have an open mind, consider this for you new 8 weight boat rod. This is an amazingly efficient casting and fish fighting tool. Whether on the flats targeting bones or reds, or in the drift boat casting streamers and poppers, this rod minimizes fatigue and maximizes accuracy and pure fun.
8108 - 8'10" 8wt 2 Piece: The all arounder for salt and fresh water. With a stiffer tip than the 4 pc, this rod drives aggressive lines and sink tips and handles all medium sized flies with ease.
- Grain Weight Range: 210-230 grains
- 9084 - 9'0" 8wt 4 Piece: We kept the nice light feel in this rod that helps you make shorter quick shots easily, and powered it up so you can drive long casts into the wind. That same power helps pick up long lines off the water and change directions without feeling the rod torque off axis. This rod is remarkably a 20 to 100 foot caster. In a nutshell, that's about as ideal as an 8 wt gets. This is truly the do it all rod in the series for anything but the big boys.
- Grain Weight Range: 210-230 grains
8109 - 8'10" 9wt 2 Piece: Permit to pike, this rod covers all medium-heavy applications and is our choice when targeting salt and fresh species with bigger flies and both floating and sinking lines.
- Grain Weight Range: 240-270 grains
9094 - 9'0" 9wt 4 Piece: People keep telling us this is THE ROD. We can't find anything to dispute that. Super rangy for a powerful 9 weight, this rod casts just off the tip in close all the way to the backing knot. In typical fishing distances, it is so efficient in generating line speed and loop control that it turns over the leader on target in all but gale conditions. The best part-it does this while feeling light and responsive. You don't need to push it. All it takes is one relaxed stroke and WOW! the line is far off and straightened out.
- Grain Weight Range: 240-275 grains
- 84104 - 8'4" 10wt 4 Piece: The big brother of the 848, this rod is pure efficiency, ease and fun. Choose this for snook, medium sized tarpon, or any fish where quick accurate delivery is key. This is a serious rod for the mangroves, docks or open waters. It's also our choice for less powerful casters who want to target larger more aggressive species but just don't enjoy casting 9' rods in the heavier line weights.
- Grain Weight Range: 280-325 grains
- 81010 - 8'10" 10wt 2 Piece: The ocean side tarpon slayer. If you're targeting tarpon in crystal clear shallow water with long leaders and small flies, this is the tool to deliver the goods. With plenty of power to beat powerful fish, but enough touch to lay the line down gently. This is also the rooster, albie, jack and striper rod of choice. Planning a heaving day off Montauk, some quality beach time in Baja, a few days West of Key West, or a trip off of Jupiter? Be sure to have this rod in hand.
- Grain Weight Range: 280-320 grains
- 90104 - 9'0" 10wt 4 Piece: Big power with ease, lightness and comfort. A big permit rod, a light tarpon rod, equally capable for near shore species like big stripers, cobia and jacks. This rod loads up quick but has tons of power waiting to be called on. You can easily lay out typical 50-60 foot casts with just one back cast and almost no effort on the delivery, and if you need to punch it, the rod just responds and gives you that extra oomph. The rod is pleasing to cast but has power to spare. A rare combination for sure.
- Grain Weight Range: 270-320 grains
- 81011 - 8'10" 11wt 2 Piece: This is our favorite tarpon rod; ever. With power to spare in the bottom end and great touch off the tip, it's the perfect combination of power and finesse. The fact that it's corrosion proof and just about impossible to break is double icing on the cake.
- Grain Range Window: 330-360 grains
90114 - 9'0" 11wt 4 Piece: Enjoyable. Not a word usually associated with a tarpon rod, but this one really is enjoyable to cast and fish. Don't let that fool you though. It has plenty of lifting power to float even those fish with the worst of attitudes. Enough touch off the tip to land flies accurately and softly, enough butt to break their spirit, this really is about the perfect tarpon rod.
- Grain Weight Range: 330-360 grains
81012 - 8'10" 12wt 2 Piece: The big gun in the 2 piece line up. Jungle tarpon with sinking lines, yellowfin tuna, or anytime you need virtually indestructible lifting power. It's a serious rod for serious fish. There's nothing light hearted about this model, nor should there be. The wrecking ball in the Sector series.
- Grain Weight Range: 380-450 grains
90124 - 9'0" 12wt 4 Piece: Your companion to the river estuaries of Central America, the GT flats of the Pacific, or the West coast of Florida, this rod will stand up to our sport's most demanding fish. And it won't beat you to a pulp while doing it. An easy to swing 12 weight with power and stability to spare, this rod is a great combination of fishability with raw power.
- Grain Weight Range: 375-425 grains
841333 - 8'4" 13wt 3 Piece: GT's come out to play...This was developed to target big GT's. It has proven an awesome rod for billfish as well. Super quick on delivery to fast moving aggressive fish. With line speed to spare you can get your fly from your hand to the fish in a snap of the fingers. After they eat, look out. The short lever effect of the 8' 4" length paired with some serious pulling power puts the brakes on speedster fish.
- Grain Weight Range: 425-500 grains
- 84153 - 8'4" 15wt 3 Piece: A fly rod like no other. Glass graphite composite for the ultimate in lifting power and durability. Take this on offshore excursions targeting yellowfin, bluefin, amberjack, giant sharks and other pelagics. You'll appreciate the gimbal butt extension that fits standard fighting belts for those long battles when fish sound along side the boat, and the all ceramic guide set when that gel spun is screaming off the reel.
- Grain Weight Range: 550-650 grains