Sage Trout Spey HD
Trout Spey HD from Sage Fly Rods
Featuring KonneticHD technology and a new fast action, the TROUT SPEY HD brings ease to lightweight spey techniques. Five rods, from 10’3” to 11’3”, excel with a variety of spey lines which are currently offered in 200-350gr sizes. The TROUT SPEY HD series is designed for spey casting--as opposed to switch-rod-style actions previously captured within Sage's Trout Spey category--and are designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout-sized flies.
The TROUT SPEY HD action improves upon light spey tactics with its increased tip stability (equating to steady balance and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle current Trout Spey lines and heavier heads. These added models provide anglers with extensive options to select an appropriate, fishery-specific rod (fly size, fish size, and environment), an example being the smaller 10’3” 3wt designed to work well with the ever-popular shortened spey heads. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies closer than before, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water in ways never before possible.
Undeniably Trout Focused, Undeniably Fun.
- Swinging flies for trout
- Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
- Ease of casting streamers
- KonneticHD Technology
- Conifer blank color
- Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
- Cork composite fighting butt
- Tan rod bag with Brown logo and model tag
- Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- RIO InTouch Trout Spey w/ 10ft Replacement Tips or VersiLeaders
- 1109-4: (Grains: 150 - 200gr) - Soft hackles, small streamers <1” , unweighted
- 2109-4: (Grains: 200 - 250gr) - Soft hackles, small to medium streamers 1- 2”
- 3103-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 3110-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 4113-4: (Grains: 300 - 350gr) - Large streamers <3”
1109-4 10’9” 4pc 1wt: Historically, 2wt Trout Spey was the lightest available but
Little guy Little has arrived. The smallest of the small Trout Spey rods is now
available and ready for action. Be it East or West baby spey is here to stay. Fly
selection and use will dictate the boundaries for this light tackle specialty rod.
Swinging soft hackles is assured but classic streamer patterns along with carefully
designed micro intruders will see action as well.
- Line Match: RIO Trout Spey #1 (Scandi Style Line at 190gr), Skagit Mini Max 200gr
Sink Tips: 10’ conventional (Replacement) Tips, Floating, Intermediate,
Type 3 & 6 in 55 grains, Scandi Light Versi-Leaders 7’ all types.
- Reel Match: Sage Trout Spey Reel 1/2/3
2109-4 10’ 9” 4pc 2wt: Today the 2wt Trout Spey rod represents ultralight
versatility based on specialized lines coupled with well thought out fly patterns.
The angler’s ability to harness fun and effectiveness is found here.
Line Match: Skagit Mini Max 225gr, (Head 250gr), Trout Spey
#2 (Scandi) 230gr
Sink Tips: 10’ Floating, Intermediate, Type 3&6 in 55 grains, Scandi Light
Versi-Leaders 7’ all types.
- MOW Match: MOW Light through 10’ sink tip.
- Reel Match: Sage Spey Reel 1/2/3
3103-4 10’ 3” 4pc 3wt AND the 3110-4 11’ 4pc 3wt: The 3wt Trout Spey represents the step right in and get after it Trout Spey rod. For the spey caster the transition from conventional spey rods is found with ease here. While there are two 3wts listed here, it should be noted that the shorter of the two (3103-4) is targeted toward smaller water, and a versatile offering, the 3110-4 sits in the historical length of a 3wt Trout Spey. Destined to become a favorite of the trout
chasing crowd, be it east, west, north (Alaska Trout, Dollies, and Grayling) and
south (South American and New Zealand trout). Sweet swinging is on the way.
Line Match: Skagit Mini Max 275 gr, Trout Spey #3 (Scandi) 265gr
Sink Tips: Scandi Light VersiLeaders 7’ all types.
MOW Match: MOW Light through 10’ Sink Tip, MOW Medium through 10’
- Reel Match: Sage Trout Spey 3/4/5
4113-4 11’ 3” 4pc 4wt: The biggest of the SAGE Trout Spey offering, the 4113-4 is also the Work Horse of the Trout Spey Kingdom. This rod will see a myriad of
angling opportunities throughout the west along with Alaska adventures as well
as favorite haunts of both South America and New Zealand. The beauty of a 4wt
Trout Spey is your fly selection, and use expands greatly along with casting expectations (distance). Northern California and Southern Oregon ½ Pounders
will indeed find themselves posing for photos as well. Come cast this gem and see
how little plays BIG.
Line Match: Skagit Max Power 350, Trout Spey #4 (Scandi) 305gr, Skagit Mini Max 325 gr
Sink Tips: 10’ Spey Versi-Leaders, all type (Scandi 300). 15’ 109 grain
sinktips in type 3, 6 & 8. (Skagit Max Power 350)
MOW Match: Light/T-8, Medium/T-11
- Reel Match: Sage Trout Spey 3/4/5, Spectrum LT 7/8