Featuring KonneticHD technology and a new fast action, the TROUT SPEY HD brings ease to lightweight spey techniques. Five rods, from 10’3” to 11’3”, excel with a variety of spey lines which are currently offered in 200-350gr sizes. The TROUT SPEY HD series is designed for spey casting--as opposed to switch-rod-style actions previously captured within Sage's Trout Spey category--and are designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout-sized flies.
The TROUT SPEY HD action improves upon light spey tactics with its increased tip stability (equating to steady balance and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle current Trout Spey lines and heavier heads. These added models provide anglers with extensive options to select an appropriate, fishery-specific rod (fly size, fish size, and environment), an example being the smaller 10’3” 3wt designed to work well with the ever-popular shortened spey heads. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies closer than before, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water in ways never before possible.
Undeniably Trout Focused, Undeniably Fun.
- Swinging flies for trout
- Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
- Ease of casting streamers
- KonneticHD Technology
- Conifer blank color
- Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
- Cork composite fighting butt
- Tan rod bag with Brown logo and model tag
- Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- RIO InTouch Trout Spey w/ 10ft Replacement Tips or VersiLeaders
- 1109-4: (Grains: 150 - 200gr) - Soft hackles, small streamers <1” , unweighted
- 2109-4: (Grains: 200 - 250gr) - Soft hackles, small to medium streamers 1- 2”
- 3103-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 3110-4: (Grains: 250 - 300gr) - Soft hackles, moderately weighted steamers 1 - 2”
- 4113-4: (Grains: 300 - 350gr) - Large streamers <3”