The all new MINNOW rod was designed and tuned to meet the needs of younger anglers, with its shorter rod length and a medium action that allows for easy casting and enjoyable days on the water. Red's has lots of experience teaching youth the art of fly casting and the Minnow is one of our favorites. Let's be real, kids don't need expensive rods since they tend to be, uh, more rough on rods then the adults buying them would like. The minnow is fun, easy to cast and mellow. Everything a rod intended for kids should be. One fun note, our instructors also like this rod for classes since it's brightly colored and easy to see, which allows for students to witness the full cast easily.
Redington Minnow Features Include:
- 8' 5 Weight Design is Easy Casting with Tight Loops
- Easy casting medium action
- Rods come with cotton rod sock
- Shorter rod length making it easy for younger anglers to handle
- Alignment dots for easy rod setup
- Combo includes:MINNOW rod
- CROSSWATER reel pre-spooled with RIO Mainstream WF fly line
- Cordura rod tube
- 1-year warranty
Check out the fly casting this young man demonstrates with the Redington Minnow Setup!