Garmin Instinct 2 Solar
Garmin Instinct 2 Solar
Whatever You Do, Own it
This rugged, solar charging GPS smartwatch is tough enough to keep up with you and unique enough to fit your style. Now it comes in two sizes to fit every wrist.
ENGINEERED FOR ENDURANCE
This rugged watch is water-rated to 100 meters and is thermal and shock resistant. Plus, with a fiber-reinforced polymer case and chemically strengthened scratch-resistant lens, this device is built to endure.
DESIGNED TO DO YOU
Bold colors, high-contrast displays and size options let you show the world that you do things your own way.
GET MORE BATTERY OUT OF LIFE
Go longer than ever with solar charging with unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode1. Plus, power manager lets you extend battery life by controlling what settings and sensors draw power.
TRACK EVERY ADVENTURE.
- MULTI-GNSS SUPPORT: Whether you’re hiking, mountain biking, trail running or skiing, you’ll have access to multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- ABC SENSORS: Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
- TRACBACK ROUTING: Take the guesswork out of your return journey by using this feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point.
- REFERENCE POINT: Keep track of a known place — such as your car or the trailhead — relative to your location, and easily find your way back to it.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- CONNECT IQ STORE: Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store app on your compatible smartphone.
- GARMIN PAY CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS: Breeze through checkout lines and select transit systems with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
- SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES: When your watch and phone are paired, your live location can be sent to your contacts manually or — during select outdoor activities — automatically with built-in incident detection.
- CALENDAR VIEW: Easily see your plans for the day with a dedicated calendar screen when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- SYNC WITH THE GARMIN CONNECT APP: See your health and fitness information all in one place. The Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect, compete and share.
TRAIN YOUR WAY.
- BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS: Do whatever you love with preloaded activity profiles for running, cycling, swimming, strength training, indoor climbing, virtual running, golf, yoga and more.
- HIIT WORKOUTS: This activity profile tracks your HIIT workouts, including AMRAP, EMOM, Tabata and custom. Set the number of rounds, work/rest intervals and more.
- V02 MAX: Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. It even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
- DAILY WORKOUT SUGGESTIONS: View your entire week of daily suggested workouts, which adapt after every run or ride to match your performance and recovery as well as the races coming up in your Garmin Connect™ smartphone app calendar.
- RECOVERY TIME: After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
- BACKCOUNTRY SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING: These activity profiles now automatically distinguish between descending and climbing. So you can hit start on your first run and leave your smartwatch tracking all day long.
- MTB DYNAMICS: Track the details of every ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized Grit™ and Flow™ measurements that rate trail difficulty and how smoothly you descend, giving you a score to beat next time.
- WRIST-BASED RUNNING POWER: See how much power you’re applying to the trail or the road so you can manage your effort and fine-tune your training. No accessory required.
KNOW YOUR BODY.
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE: Get estimated heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. Gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
- STRESS TRACKING: Heart rate variability is used to calculate your stress level score, so you can see if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day.
- SLEEP SCORE AND ADVANCED SLEEP MONITORING: Get a full breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages. View it all on a dedicated widget that includes your sleep score and insights.
- BODY BATTERY ENERGY MONITORING: Optimize your body’s energy reserves, using heart rate variability, stress, sleep and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest.
- PULSE OX: For altitude acclimation or sleep monitoring, a Pulse Ox sensor uses light beams at your wrist to estimate how well your body is absorbing oxygen.
- FITNESS AGE: This feature uses chronological age, your weekly vigorous activity, resting heart rate and BMI to estimate if your body is younger or older than you are. Get tips to lower your fitness age.
- INTENSITY MINUTES: Track how many minutes of vigorous activity you’re getting, when you earn them and during what activity. You can even view them as a data field during timed activities.
- WOMEN'S HEALTH TRACKING: Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
- Display Size: custom, two-window design; 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)
- Physical Size: 45 x 45 x 14.5 mm; Fits wrists with a circumference of 135-230 mm
- Battery Life:
Smartwatch: Up to 28 days/Unlimited with solar*
Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 65 days/Unlimited with solar*
GPS: Up to 30 hours/48 hours with solar**
Max Battery GPS Mode: Up to 70 hours/370 hours with solar**
- Expedition GPS Activity: Up to 32 days/Unlimited with solar*
- *Solar charging, assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions
- **Solar charging, assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions
- Memory/History: 32 MB
- Display Resolution: 176 x 176 pixels
- GPS: Yes
- Weight: 53 g
IN THE BOX:
- Instinct 2 Solar
- Charging/data cable