Convertible Oar Right (Single)
These make great "oar stops" that many experienced rowers use while either anchoring or rowing. They keep your oar from flopping and oscillating around while anchored in swift current. While some like to use these while rowing to help keep their blades straight, most pro's like to flip up the bar so you can angle and feather your blades while rowing.
Handy product. Row with 'em or without them. The guide that locks into the oar lock flips up, so you can use them either way.
- The spline of the Oar Right fits between the horns of an open oarlock to "lock" your oar blade in position for the most effective stroke.
- You can still feather the oar blade by simply tugging the oar in so the spline of the Oar Right clears the oarlock horns, or you can flip the spline up and out of the way for easy feathering.
- For Carlisle and Cataract oars, use the Molded Oar Sleeve with the Oar Right for proper fit.
- The Oar Right clamps securely to the Molded Oar Sleeve (sold separately) with two beefy stainless steel bolts.
- Molded glass fill Nylon construction will give you years of trouble-free service.
- Adjusts from 2" to 2 1/4" for Carlisle & Cataraft Oars with Oar Sleeves.