Air Lock Adjustable Strike Indicators
We believe in keeping our waterways as clean as possible. Air Lock redesigned their popular strike indicators with biodegradable foam so those indicators that end up floating away for any reason will break down over time.
- Not to be confused with “water soluble:” Air-Lock Biodegradable Strike Indicators will not dissolve or be compromised in any way during normal use.
- Biodegrading happens when the material is left in the elements: mud, water, mulch, compost, etc. over a long period of time.
The new biodegradable foam has more benefits beyond keeping our waterways cleaner. The new design out-performs the original plastic design in every way.
- 30% Lighter: Easier, more efficient casting and delivery.
- Suspends 25% more weight on the water.
- Stealth: Neutral-colored post is less visible to fish, and the lighter overall weight lands softer on the water.
- Sensitivity: Better strike detection.
- Durability: No more leaks, dents, holes, cracks or pops!
- Easier to see leader slot when attaching.
- Hurts 38.6% less when you hit yourself in the back of the head on a forward cast.
One thing that has not changed: The most innovative locking mechanism in the world for attaching to your leader.
- Standard Rigging:
- Unscrew the locking nut
- Lay the butt section of your leader in the slot
- Replace the locking nut and tighten down
- Note: For smaller diameter leaders, you can remove the rubber washer for a tighter fit. This will not result in a damaged leader
- 90 Degree Rigging:
- Remove the locking nut
- Thread your leader through the locking nut and slide up to the butt section
- Place leader butt section in the slot on top of the indicator
- Tighten locking nut down on the post as shown with leader sticking out one side, then out the top
Sizes: (3 indicators per package)
- Small 1/2" - Great for little nymphs, #8/10 on down to as small as you can see to tie the fly on :)
- Medium 3/4" - Perfect for big Stonefly nymphs with a dropper or anything you are using including BB sized split shot.
- Large 1" - The big boy. Large Trout & Steelhead sized.