NEW Simms G3 Wader Review
The video does a pretty good job of walking through the features etc. and you can certainly read the product page for specific features. I wouldn't run out and replace a perfectly good set of Simms waders with these new ones simply because of the fit or cut, but I would absolutely put it at the top of the list if you want a no BS, tough wader, that fits like your favorite pair of jeans. They breath extremely well and you can fish 10+ hour days without swamp ass. That's a pretty good feature right there.
Well if you are looking for waders, good waders, you are likely going to explore the options in the Simms lineup. They are quite popular with anglers that don't like soggy socks and cold feet. I've been wearing Simms waders on and off my entire guide career and have dabbled with another brand only to slowly migrate back toward the wader that seems to be most reliable.
Picture yourself going to a far away place and you want to fish long hard days, and you can't afford to have wet socks or cold feet. You'll be fishing long days for a week straight and drying stuff out isn't an option. What wader will you trust? For nearly all professional guides it's Simms, and the most popular wader has historically been the G3 Guide Stockingfoot. Maximum value.
New for 2022 Simms G3 Wader Offers New Material
The storyline here is the material. Gore-tex today isn't the same material it was invented in 1969, or brought to market in 1976... or even 2015. It changes. As materials and technology improve so does the fabric, but the name remains. Gore-tex. The most trusted name in breathable waterproof materials.
The material is lighter, more breathable, and more durable. The other upgrades are nice, but the improvement here is the most up to date new material. The lower legs have 4 layers of Gore-tex, and the upper has 3 layers.
Simms G3 Product Features:
- Updated material lamination package with even more durable, breathable, and comfortable Gore-Tex 3-layer upper and Gore-Tex Pro 4-layer lower
- Adjustable spacer air-mesh suspender system with a fabric suspender divider and integrated webbing attach point for net carry
- Top access zippered stretch pocket plus zippered, reach-through micro-fleece lined hand-warming chest pocket
- The upper organization also includes a removable Tippet-Tender Pocket and a zippered stretch-woven interior flank pocket on wearer's left
- Built-in low-profile back belt loops with high and low options; 2 inch stretch nylon belt included
- Patented front and back leg seams deliver articulated fit, improved mobility, and increased durability
- Patented, abrasion-resistant, built-in Gravel Guards
- Anatomically engineered neoprene stockingfeet with anti-microbial finish
- Custom options available
FABRIC TECH: Upper: 3-layer waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex Shell; Lower: 4-Layer waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex Pro Shell
ITEM #: PG-13476