Tibor Everglades Reel 7/8/9 - Saltwater Reel
The Tibor series of reels were first introduced in 1995 and have established themselves as the benchmark for custom-crafted fly reels. After years of development, Ted was finally satisfied with a reel that truly has set a new standard in fly fishing reel technology.
The spool’s large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you’re trying to control speedsters like bonefish, bonito, or wahoo. Tibor Reels are also a mainstay for Spey enthusiasts, delivering the ultimate balance, overall capacity and drag performance for the double-handed rod.
As with all of Ted’s reels, the drag system is absolutely flawless and has withstood the test of the world’s most demanding game fish, including over 850 World Records so far. If you were to own only one fly reel, this is the one to have.
Features of Tibor Reels:
- Large outer hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when the backing is low.
- Hard coated, aluminum Main Gear means minimal heat build-up and great strength. Both the Main Gear and Spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, ceramic Ball Bearings
- An impregnated Cork Drag Disc is the smoothest and strongest in the industry.
- Open hubbed, perforated Spool and Drum allow the Reel to remain cool during scorching runs and outer holes act as a tippet keeper.
- The Detended Drag Adjustment Knob is smooth and positive.
- Triple outgoing line signals are easily removable for silent operation.
- Lightweight to balance with modern fly rods and reduce casting fatigue.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Our delrin handle offers positive gripping and quick release – The Gulfstream and Pacific come standard with our Gorilla Handle.
- SpeedHandle Spool option available.
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Frost Silver, Frost Black, Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray & Aqua.
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection. The serial # is located at the top of the frame by the reel stand.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
Weight: 8.5 oz.
Frame Size: 3.75″ x 1.5″
Rod Weights: 7-8-9
200 yds. of 20 lb. Micron WF8F
300 yds. of 65 lb. Power Pro Super 8 Slick
Steelhead, Salmon, Bonefish, Permit,
Dorado, Bluefish, Striped Bass
- Frost Finish: $595 – Extra Spool $295
- *Limit of up to TWO color options. Added options for parts: $25.
- Standard Polished Finish: $695 – Extra Spool $310 *Available with, reelstand, nameplate, drag knob, stopnut & current spool colors at no cost.
- Custom Polished Finish: $765 – Extra Spool $340 *Available with, reelstand, nameplate, drag knob, stopnut & current spool colors at no cost.
Tibor Reel Maintenance
After each use, Tibor Reels should be rinsed thoroughly in fresh water. Periodically, especially after extensive exposure to saltwater, the line and backing should be removed and wiped down with a wet cloth to remove salt.
To disassemble a reel for cleaning, the only tool required is a penny. All reels are lubricated at the factory prior to assembly and relubrication is generally not necessary. Tibor Graphite Lube may be used to lubricate the cork drag disc.
Please note: Exceeding the recommended capacity by over-filling the spool and/or putting line on too tightly or with too much tension may damage the spool and is not covered under warranty. Please refer to the capacity chart above as your guide. Monofilment line is not recommended for use on Tibor reels. Should you have any questions about backing for your reel, please contact your authorized Tibor Dealer.
Conversion from Left to Right Hand Retrieve
Tibor Reels can be easily converted from Left to Right Hand Retrieve by relocating the clutch dogs. Complete warranty, maintenance and conversion information is included with each reel, or download complete instructions and a parts list in PDF format here.