Sage IGNITER Switch Rods
The most demanding conditions require a different kind of tool. Strong head wind? Casting at distance? Long heads or heavy sink-tips? The IGNITER is tuned to handle the most technical of conditions. Not a rod for the everyday angler, the IGNITER is equipped with an ultra-fast action high line speed taper to carry large amounts of line at distance with wind cutting performance. Perfect for long traditional or Scandi lines and/ or winter Skagit heads with heavy sink tips and flies.
Punching skaters and Scandi heads into a stiff wind on your favorite desert Steelhead river with the 6119-4? Lifting heavy tungsten tips and weighted intruders in a driving rain on a Pacific Northwest Winter Steelhead run with the 8136-4? Carrying a long-belly line and Sunray Shadow on a traditional Atlantic Salmon beat with the 9140-4? Built for power, this is where the IGNITER two-handers shine.
- Casting for distance
- Lifting power for longer heads or heavy sink-tips
- Accommodates quicker casting strokes
- KonneticHD Technology
- Chipotle blank color
- Cayenne thread wraps with Gunmetal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Flor grade full-wells cork handle with EVA fighting butt
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum down-locking reel seat
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Chipotle color model tag
- Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion