RL Winston Nimbus Fly Rods
We were recently able to cast both the Nimbus 4 wt, and Kairos 5wt, rods here at Red's Fly Shop. The first thing that the staff noticed about the Nimbus was that it had a very good casting sensation- smooth and refined. We noticed it loaded nicely, and had great short range accuracy - that quality being paramount since most trout fishing fishing is done within about 40 feet of the angler.
For what is now considered a mid price point rod, the Nimbus is a value both in affordability and in build quality. The NIMBUS Fly Rod from Winston is a design inspired by our premium Boron rods. Using the same multi-modulus graphite as our Boron rods along with versatile mid tip flex tapers, the Winston Nimbus provides all the core attributes and qualities one has come to expect from a Winston.
Incredibly smooth casting, the Nimbus progressive action delivers unmatched all-graphite performance, with both the power and finesse to fish even the most challenging situations. Offered in a full range of freshwater, saltwater, and spey models, these rods are finished in a beautiful Big Sky Blue color and sport premium componentry and our renowned handwritten inscription.
Proudly designed and produced in Twin Bridges, MT, the Nimbus is simply the best all-graphite fly rod on the market.Winston Nimbus
- Lightweight, ultra-smooth
- Progressive fast actionVersatile mid-tip flex tape
- Multi Modulus GraphiteBig Sky Blue impact resistant finish
- Superior graphite performance in a complete line-up of trout, salt and spey rods
- Designed and produced in Twin Bridges, MT
Winston Nimbus Features
- WEIGHTS: 3wt. thru 10wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Chrome nanolite stripper guide/light wire snake guides on 3 thru 5wt. Chrome nanolite stripper guide/chrome plated snake guides on 6 thru 10wt.
- REEL SEAT: Frosted white anodized aluminum with burled wood insert on 3 thru 5wt. Titanium anodized aluminum with Winston signature logo on 6 thru 10wt.
- STORAGE: Grey powder-coated aluminum tube with Winston signature logo