RIO Skagit Max Short Shooting Head
The easiest casting, most powerful Skagit head ever made. The Max Short is an exceptionally easy casting Skagit style full floating shooting head that is ideal for short Spey rods, Switch rods and single-handed rods. The head will cast big flies, and the heaviest sinking tips with the utmost of ease. The head is built on RIOs ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity, and has a highly visible orange section loop for easy recognition. It is available in a multitude of lengths and weights to cover all rod and angling situations.
Use "Max Shorts" on single-handed rods, Switch rods and Spey rods less than 12' 6" in length.
- Ultra-low stretch core for the best in casting and fishing sensitivity
- Powerful front end to easily cast large flies and fast sinking tips
- Complete series of heads with varying lengths and small size increments
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 200 to 400 gr - 0.024/0.026 shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 400 to 550 gr - 0.030/0.032 shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.
- 550 to 675 gr - 0.035/0.037 shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter.