I've been fishing the Hydrogen Trout Spey a lot this past winter and it still impresses me how smooth the casting and presentation is concerning this rod. I used both large and small streamers, with various casts in various water types, all with success.
For a line, I chose the Scientific Anglers Spey Lite intetgrated line with various sink tips. I have even used this rod on "hard to cast at" alpine lakes with a floating tip, with a lot of success too. One negative was that the spooky alpine fish didnt really like the roll cast disturbance so I found myself overhand casting this rod when I could. It worked.
All said, there's a lot to like in the Hydrogen Trout Spey, and it's enough to become your one and only light streamer tossing stick.
• The lightest rod in its class
• Super-tuned, smooth, moderate-fast action
• Single-foot guides for increased tip recovery
• Skeletonized, CNC machined, anodized aluminum reel seat
• Pinpoint accuracy delivered through improved rod tracking
• Matte finish blank for flash reduction
• Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
• Half-wells, premium gradecork handles
• Fully protected cordura rod tube with dividers
• Lifetime warranty