CLAYMORE Trout Spey Rod Complete Outfit with OPST Line
This outfit offers arguably the best value out of all the trout spey setups we sell. The rod casts very well and is lightweight with enough punch to send Sculpin flies over the entire river. The 2 and 3 weights will be most limited on fly size and tend to struggle casting anything with rabbit strip in the body (tail is ok). The 4 weight seems to be the most popular with anglers that want to cast flies in the #6 range or sometimes larger. Soft hackle and small streamer guys love the #2 and #3. All are great choices and we'll choose the right line to match the rod.
Redington CLAYMORE Trout Spey Setup Includes:
- Redington CLAYMORE Trout Spey Rod
- Redington Behemoth Reel (sized to fit and setup Left Hand Retrieve unless otherwise specified, we default to Black or Gunmetal colors, so if you have any preference on color please let us know in the order comments!)
- OPST Commando Smooth Skagit Line
- 96 Grain 12' OPST Commando Tip (Run Sink Rate standard, but if you prefer another sink rate just let us know in the comments!)
- Backing Installed and Fly Line
- Enter promo code "DEADLYDOZEN" upon checkout and we'll throw in 12 free flies!
- *other lines available upon request - please just mention in the order comments which that you prefer!