Maxima Ultragreen Leader Material
We use this for building leaders, butt section material, or for fishing when a durable and stiff leader is favorable. Swinging for Steelhead, bass fishing, and streamer fishing. Maxima Ultragreen Leader Material is recognized around the world as the "big fish" tippet material. It is the preferred material for fishing big game and by far the most popular Steelhead and Salmon tippet used with Spey rods because it turns over very well!Maxima ties knots very well and holds is strength.
General Size Guidelines:
- 8 pound - Clear water, summer steelhead or big streamers for trophy trout.
- 10 pound - Semi clear water, summer steelhead.
- 12 pound - Low light, trophy steelhead in the river.
- 15 pound - Winter Steelhead, Kings, middle sections of building tapered leaders
- 20 pound - Kings, dirty water steelhead, or other "big fish" work.
- 25 pound - Butt section for trout leaders
- 30 pound - Butt section for steelhead leaders perfect for making your own monofiliment loops on sink tips.
- 40 pound - GREAT material for butt sections on big heavy nymphing rigs.