Fast Action Trout Setup // Complete Rod, Reel, and Line Setup
The Loomis NRX+ is a fast action trout setup that offers an extremely high level of performance, but retains ease of casting and an intuitive feel during the power stroke of the cast. Anglers looking for a setup that can handle a wide variety of challenges from small dry flies to conehead streamers will love this setup.
This line, reel, and rod combination is a wonderful casting all around set up well suited to the demands of modern fly fishing.
NRX+ Complete Setup Includes:
- G Loomis NRX+ Freshwater Rod
- Lamson Litespeed G5 Fly Reel (5+ Blackout set up left hand retrieve. If you have a color preference please let us know in the order comments).
Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Infinity WF Floating Fly Line (or comparable RIO product pending inventory. Line will be installed with backing)
- RIO 20# Backing (if you have a color preference just let us know in the order comments)
RIO Powerflex Plus Tapered Leader 9' 4X
Rod Weights and Applications:
- 490-4 - All around super dry fly rod, defeats the wind with hoppers and single dry setups. Very capable of light nymph rigs and dry/droppers.
- 590-4 - Western workhorse. Does it all.
- 595-4 - Nymph/dry dropper tool. Very good with sinktips and reasonably sized streamers.
- 5100-4 - Big water nymph rig or a lake specialist.
- 690-4 - Streamer/big nymph rod. Tosses tungsten without fuss.