Douglas DXF Switch Rods
Douglas Outdoors has won multiple awards with their DXF lineup of trout rods. There two-handed rods for Steelhead and Salmon are no exception. These are wonderful casters and a crowd favorite. They generate tight loops without stress on the forearms. We prefer Skagit Short heads on these rods. Leave the Scandi work for a full spey setup.
Line Weight Recommendations for Douglas DXF Switch Rods
- 6 Weight 10'6" Douglas DXF Rod - 350 Grain Skagit Head
- 7 Weight 11'6" Douglas DXF Rod - 400 Grain Skagit Head
- 8 Weight 11''6" Douglas DXF Rod - 450 Grain Skagit Head
The DXF is an award winning rod series; it also happens to be a great priced, mid-range fly rod that is both crisp and smooth when casting. You can feel each cast and shoot line easily as the rod comes alive when the casts get longer. We took this rod and put it thru our test "protocol" and came away impressed with the cast quality, the feel- especially the loading of the rod, and it's ability to step out of the "dry fly" box when throwing streamers. If you want fancy wraps, select wood or big name, there are plenty of rods out there that will work just fine. If you would like a work horse rod, that you can beat up and fish all day, this rod will do it.
Features and Benefits of the Douglas DXF Fly Rods
- High modulus blanks Fishing tapers for both strength and presentation
- Wood insert reel seat with anodized uplock retainer.
- AAA cork grip, scaled for each rod size
- Hard chrome stripper frames and snake guides
- Cordura triangle tube with rod sock