Tarpon Caye Lodge, Belize // Trip Management Page
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
COMPLETE GUEST PROFILE FORM AFTER BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS
We use this page to provide all relevant updates. Complete the form at the bottom as soon as your flights are booked. We also recommend printing this page to include with your travel documents.
Zoom Q and A Meetings
This is a great "get to know ya" meeting about a month prior to the big trip. Join if possible, but if you can't make it ask for the recording.
Required Travel Documents and Tests:
- Current Passport (check the exp. date)
- Release of Liability (attach when submitting the form below)
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (Global Rescue Suggested)
Links and Helpful Resources:
- Complete Trip Planner Provided by Tarpon Caye Lodge
- Trip Insurance Suggestion (Medical Evac Required) - a policy to cover voluntary cancellations typically must be purchased within 20 days of trip reservation.
- Emergency Contact Information: Steve Joyce (509) 929-1803 or Joe Rotter (509) 929-1169 - please provide these cell phone numbers to your family.
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive, Sunday to Sunday. Anglers must arrive in Belize City by 3 pm, and depart no earlier than 11 am on departure day. The trip planner linked above will provide all the additional information you need for flight planning from Belize City to Placencia.
Booking Your Flight: We strongly recommend using a licensed travel agent. Having a professional to assist in sorting out situations with cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc. is sometimes essential. We use Jennifer @ CADENCE Travel.
Jennifer Kutzner - Direct: 858-551-4476 - Jennifer.Kutzner@cadencetravel.com
- Sunday - Arrive in Belize City by 3 pm - fly to Placencia, ground and boat transfer to Tarpon Caye.
- Monday - Saturday - Fish (6) full days
- Sunday - Depart lodge in a boat to Placencia, 10 minute drive to Tropic Air Terminal, and fly to Belize City airport for international transfer.
Meetup In Placencia:
Each angler is independently responsible for being sure they get to Placencia on arrival day. There are many flights each day that go from Belize City to Placencia, so it is unlikely everyone will be on the small plane together. There are excellent instructions in the planner linked above.
Roommates will be paired up in advance, space is limited and requires double occupancy.
Happy hour drinks are "on the house", but premium liquors are not. Take advantage of the Duty Free shop when entering Belize. Alcoholic drinks are not included in the trip cost. Each angler will be able to run a tab throughout the week with the bar, and pay in cash on the final evening.
- Power is standard 110V US style
- Biting bugs show up at night
- Wi-Fi is spotty but available
- Cell Service is not available
- Fishing days are 8 hours including boat time
- Lunch is provided on the boats each day, breakfast at 7 am, dinner at 7 pm
- Download the PhotoCircle App before the trip and it makes pooling and sharing photos from our phones easy.
Gratuities for the Guides and Staff
Red's hosted groups get the best possible service and we tip accordingly (not in accordance with the TCL Trip Planner). Our host will collect and combine everyone's tips on the last night. It is our way of insuring that no guide is undercompensated, everyone contributes evenly, and Red's continues to receive premium level service. Everyone from housekeepers to guides will be well taken care of.
- $500 USD for the week, with some $20 bills required.
- We recommend setting this aside in a separate envelope.
What to Expect from Your Host
The Red’s host is a liaison between guests and the outfitting destination. The host is there to act as the lead angler on the trip and help ensure that everyone has a great time. Historically, groups operate best when a friendly leader with an interest in your success is at the helm. The host will work with the lodge manager to oversee guide pairings, angler rotations, and is authorized to make decisions on behalf of the entire group.
When appropriate, the host may intervene and mix up guide rotations, angler pairings, and provide solutions if guests don’t feel the adventure is up to snuff. We just ask you to keep your expectations in check, consider the group as a whole, and be realistic with any special requests.
Guest Profile Form Submission
Guests must fill out this form as soon as flights are booked. Any changes to your itinerary, requires you to submit the complete form again through this channel.