Cinco Rios and EDZ, Chile // Trip Management Page
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
COMPLETE GUEST PROFILE FORM AFTER BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS
We use this page to provide all relevant updates. Complete the form at the bottom as soon as your flights are booked. We also recommend printing this page to include with your travel documents.
Required Travel Documents and Tests (March 2022):
- Current Passport (check the exp. date)
- Negative PCR Test Within 72 hours of Final Flight to Chile
- Covid 19 Vaccination Card (2 Dose Minimum)
- Vaccine Approval Document (QR code from Chile website)
- C19 Traveler Affidavit: Complete within 48 hours of travel, vaccine approval required.
- Negative COVID Test Upon Return (will be administered at the lodge, cost is $80 USD)
- Release of Liability (attach when submitting the form below)
- Proof of Travel Medical Insurance $30,000 minimum
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (Global Rescue Suggested)
Links and Helpful Resources:
- Traveling to Chile During Covid
- Packing List and Currency Recommendations
- Trip Insurance Suggestion (Medical Evac Required) - a policy to cover voluntary cancellations typically must be purchased within 20 days of trip reservation.
- Emergency Contact Information: Sebastián Galilea +56 9 84486974 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive, Saturday to Saturday. Guests on the typical itinerary will depart the US on Friday, fly overnight into Santiago, layover several hours, then fly into Balmaceda. Upon departure, a late Saturday night departure from Santiago.
Booking Your Flight: We strongly recommend using a licensed travel agent. Having a professional to assist in sorting out situations with cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc. is sometimes essential. We use Jennifer @ CADENCE Travel. She can also setup trip insurance which we recommend.
Jennifer Kutzner - Direct: 858-551-4476 - Jennifer.Kutzner@cadencetravel.com
- Saturday - Arrive in Santiago in the morning, layover. Fly into Balmaceda in the afternoon.
- Sunday - Friday - Fish (6) full days
- Saturday - Depart lodge mid day, fly from Balmaceda to Santiago, Santiago to US overnight.
- Sunday morning - Arrive in US and head home.
Lodge Name and Address:
Meetup In Santiago or Balmaceda:
Assuming all goes as planned, you will likely connect with your host in Santiago or Balmaceda. It's easy to find one another. The Balmaceda airport is tiny, and the Cinco Rios lodge crew will find you and they are easy to spot in their logo'd hats or shirts. The lodge(s) are within 2 hours of the airport and we'll condense into 1-2 vans.
In the event you are delayed hours or days, contact your host by email or the emergency contact with your new arrival time. We will get you picked up. Wifi is the most consistent form of communication versus cell coverage.
Roommates will be paired up in advance, if you have a fishing partner that makes it easy. If you are a single angler we'll match you up with another single. The lodge(s) will be full, no single rooms are available.
- Power is Euro 110V pin style. Bring an adapter.
- Tap water is good
- Wi-Fi is good
- Cell Service is mixed based on carrier
- WhatsApp is a great tool for communication in Chile (your host will be using this exclusively)
- Fishing days are 8+ hours
- Lunch is provided on the boats each day, breakfast at 7 am, dinner at 7 pm
Gratuities for the Guides and Staff
Our host will collect and combine everyone's tips on the last night at each lodge. It is our way of insuring that no guide is undercompensated, everyone contributes evenly, and Red's continues to receive premium level service. Everyone from housekeepers to guides will be well taken care of.
- $700 USD for the week, with some $20 bills required.
- We recommend setting this aside in (2) separate envelopes of $350 each.
What to Expect from Your Host
The Red’s host is a liaison between guests and the outfitting destination. The host is there to act as the lead angler on the trip and help ensure that everyone has a great time. Historically, groups operate best when a friendly leader with an interest in your success is at the helm. The host will work with the lodge manager to oversee guide pairings, angler rotations, and is authorized to make decisions on behalf of the entire group.
When appropriate, the host may intervene and mix up guide rotations, angler pairings, and provide solutions if guests don’t feel the adventure is up to snuff. We just ask you to keep your expectations in check, consider the group as a whole, and be realistic with any special requests.
Guest Profile Form Submission
Guests must fill out this form as soon as flights are booked. Any changes to your itinerary, requires you to submit the complete form again through this channel.