Bahia De Los Suenos, Mexico // Trip Management Page
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
COMPLETE GUEST PROFILE FORM AFTER BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS
We use this page to provide all relevant updates. Complete the form at the bottom as soon as your flights are booked. We also recommend printing this page to include with your travel documents.
Update(s): Will be posted here when relevant.
Zoom Q and A Meeting
Get to know your host and other travelers by joining our Zoom meeting. Do your best to make the date, but we will offer a recording to those who are unable to attend.
Required Travel Documents and Tests:
- Current Passport (check the exp. date)
- Release of Liability (attach when submitting the form below)
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (Global Rescue Suggested)
Links and Helpful Resources:
- Packing List and Currency Recommendations
- Trip Insurance Suggestion (Medical Evac Required) - a policy to cover voluntary cancellations typically must be purchased within 20 days of trip reservation.
- Emergency Contact Information: James Shaughnessy 541.601.9632 or Steve Joyce 509.929.1169 or Joe Rotter 509.929.1169
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive. Guests must arrive in Cabo (SJD) by 4:30 pm, and should plan for an afternoon departure.
Booking Your Flight: We strongly recommend using a licensed travel agent. Having a professional to assist in sorting out situations with cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc. is sometimes essential. We use Jennifer @ CADENCE Travel.
Jennifer Kutzner - Direct: 858-551-4476 - Jennifer.Kutzner@cadencetravel.com
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive.
- Arrive in Cabo by 4:30 pm - drive to Bahia De Los Suenos (+/- 2.5 hours)
- Mid-Trip - Fish and/or relax (5) full days
- Final Day - Depart to Cabo (SJD) for departure.
Lodge Name and Address:
Bahia De Los Suenos Resort
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Meetup In Cabo SJD:
Assuming all goes as planned, your host and driver(s) will find you outside your terminal. We have your flight plan. Please hang tight, stay put, and don't leave the outside area. It makes things much more complicated if you aren't where we expect to find you! There is a bar outside, grab a drink.
The host will wait up to 1 hour for late flight arrivals, but the show must go on. If you are late, the host will send you an SMS Text message letting you know the group has departed without you. If you miss the group transport, there are eco-tour shuttles or taxi's available at the airport. Expect to pay +/- $300 for the transfer and guests are independently responsible for getting to the resort.
Transportation to Bahia De Los Suenos:
Drive time is roughly 3 hours. We will stop for beverages and some "resort supplies" like Topo Chico water, beer, and maybe a few groceries. This makes us a bit less dependent on the restaurant and bar.
Guests are housed in luxury villas. They are well appointed and everyone will be quite comfortable. Couples with a non-angler will be assigned villas near the beach, as they will be at the resort all day.
Alcoholic drinks are not included in the trip cost. Each guest will be able to run a tab throughout the week with the bar, and pay in cash on the final evening. If there is an alcohol you are particularly fond of, pick it up at Duty Free on the way. We'll also stop on the way to procure beer and other bottled drinks.
- Power is standard 110V US style
- Do Not Drink Tap Water
- Fishing Licenses are Included in Price
- Wi-Fi is spotty but available
- Cell Service is not available (plan to use WhatsApp or FB Messenger for calls)
- Fishing days are 6-7 hours including boat time
- Lunch is provided on the boats each day, breakfast at 7 am, dinner at 7 pm
- Non angling guests have breakfast or lunch at your leisure
- Laundry service available for a small fee
- Couples can dine as a group, or grab a private table themselves or other couples if they prefer a smaller group.
- Download the PhotoCircle App before the trip and it makes pooling and sharing photos from our phones easy.
Non Angling Activities
The villas are positioned on a white sand beach with swimming pools, jacuzzis, and immediate access to snorkeling, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards. Spa services are available and can be arranged upon arrival.
Van service to/from La Paz is also an option and your hosts will help coordinate some extra curricular activities off site depending on what is available.
Fishing Partner Assignments and Mixed Couple Adventures
If you are traveling with another couple, we'll pair you up. If not, we'll set you up with another angler to boat share with. It will be up to these anglers to coordinate and determine the best day(s) or time(s) to include their non-angling partners.
Since the resort is close to the fishing, a mid-morning pickup to give the ladies a half-day works well. No additional fees are required, just a fatter tip for the guide. An extra $50 is encouraged.
Gratuities for the Guides and Staff
Captains like to be tipped on a daily basis. We recommend about $60 -$100 per boat per day for a satisfactory day of fishing.
Your host will collect tip(s) for the lodge staff and restaurant. It is how we insure that the entire staff is considered and Red's continues to receive excellent service each time we visit.
- Room and restaurant bar gratuity - $200 per couple
- Driver Gratuity $30 per van, each way
What to Expect from Your Host
The Red’s host is a liaison between guests and the outfitting destination. The host is there to act as the lead angler on the trip and help ensure that everyone has a great time. Historically, groups operate best when a friendly leader with an interest in your success is at the helm. The host will work with the lodge manager to oversee guide pairings, angler rotations, and is authorized to make decisions on behalf of the entire group.
When appropriate, the host may intervene and mix up guide rotations, angler pairings, and provide solutions if guests don’t feel the adventure is up to snuff. We just ask you to keep your expectations in check, consider the group as a whole, and be realistic with any special requests.
Guest Profile Form Submission
Guests must fill out this form as soon as flights are booked. Any changes to your itinerary, requires you to submit the complete form again through this channel.