BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
COMPLETE GUEST PROFILE FORM AFTER BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS
We use this page to provide all relevant updates. Complete the form at the bottom as soon as your flights are booked. We also recommend printing this page to include with your travel documents.
12/28/22 - If you have any trouble with the Zoom Links, please email email@example.com for a direct invite. Thx!
7/18/22 - Update for 2022, no longer fishing on departure day like we did in some years past. Guests will most likely still boat out.
Zoom Q and A Meeting(s)
Join the meeting for your specific week if possible, or jump on another call if necessary. We will record these so if you miss out, ask for a link to get caught up.
- Ascension Bay March 4th Group // Q and A - Feb 1, 2023 12:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Ascension Bay Zoom // June 3rd Group Q and A - Apr 26, 2023 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Required Travel Documents and Tests:
- Current Passport (check the exp. date)
- Release of Liability (attach when submitting the form below)
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (Global Rescue Suggested)
Links and Helpful Resources:
- Packing List and Currency Recommendations
- Trip Insurance Suggestion (Medical Evac Required) - a policy to cover voluntary cancellations typically must be purchased within 20 days of trip reservation.
- Emergency Contact Information: Rubi (WhatsApp): +52 1 (984) 136-6673
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive, Saturday to Saturday. Anglers must arrive in Cancun by about 5 pm, and depart no earlier than about 4:30 pm on the final day. As our travel hosts book their flights, we will post itineraries here for each week.
Booking Your Flight: We strongly recommend using a licensed travel agent. Having a professional to assist in sorting out situations with cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc. is sometimes essential. We use Jennifer @ CADENCE Travel.
Jennifer Kutzner - Direct: 858-551-4476 - Jennifer.Kutzner@cadencetravel.com
- Saturday - Arrive in Cancun by 5 pm - drive to Punta Allen in group transportation.
- Sunday - Friday - Fish (6) full days
- Saturday - Depart lodge (Likely) in boats 8 am, and meet the vehicle transfer near Tulum at 12pm. Drive to Cancun airport for 5 pm departure.
Lodge Name and Address:
Casa Viejo Chac
Punta Allen, Quintana Roo Mexico
Meetup In Cancun:
Assuming all goes as planned, your host and driver will find you outside your terminal. We have your flight plan. Please hang tight, stay put, and don't leave the outside area. It makes things much more complicated if you aren't where we expect to find you!
The host will wait up to 1 hour for late flight arrivals, but the show must go on. If you are late, the host will send you an SMS Text message letting you know the group has departed without you. If you miss the group transport, there are eco-tour shuttles or taxi's available at the Cancun airport. Expect to pay +/- $300 for the transfer and guests are independently responsible for getting to Casa Viejo Chac in Punta Allen.
Transportation to Punta Allen:
Drive time is roughly 4 hours. We will stop for "dinner to go" en route and some drinks. It's a bit of a grind, but worth the drive! If the dirt road is in rough shape from recent storms, the host in conjunction with the driver/lodge may decide that an overnight in Tulum is best. Cost is about $100 per person, and you will not lose any fishing time. Guests are responsible for this expense if required.
Roommates will be paired up in advance, guests that paid for single rooms will be accommodated in a "first come, first served" order based on when they booked as single angler. Space is limited and not guaranteed.
Alcoholic drinks are not included in the trip cost. Each angler will be able to run a tab throughout the week with the bar, and pay in cash on the final evening. If there is an alcohol you are particularly fond of, pick it up at Duty Free on the way.
- Power is standard 110V US style
- Biting bugs show up at night
- Tap water is not good for drinking
- Wi-Fi is spotty but available
- Cell Service is not available
- Fishing days are 8 hours including boat time
- Lunch is provided on the boats each day, breakfast at 7 am, dinner at 7 pm
- Download the PhotoCircle App before the trip and it makes pooling and sharing photos from our phones easy.
Gratuities & Gifts for the Guides and Staff
Our host will collect and combine everyone's tips on the last night. It is our way of insuring that no guide is undercompensated, everyone contributes evenly, and Red's continues to receive premium level service. Everyone from housekeepers to guides will be well taken care of.
- $600 for the week (double occupancy anglers), with some $20 bills required.
- $1,000 for the week (single occupancy angler), with some $20 bills required.l
- We recommend setting this aside in a separate envelope.
A Red's tradition is to invite the guides to dinner one evening later in the week, and give away some gear and gifts. Boots that don't fit, fishing shirts, fishing pants, flies, old sunglasses, or anything you don't mind parting with is greatly appreciated by the guides.
What to Expect from Your Host
The Red’s host is a liaison between guests and the outfitting destination. The host is there to act as the lead angler on the trip and help ensure that everyone has a great time. Historically, groups operate best when a friendly leader with an interest in your success is at the helm. The host will work with the lodge manager to oversee guide pairings, angler rotations, and is authorized to make decisions on behalf of the entire group.
When appropriate, the host may intervene and mix up guide rotations, angler pairings, and provide solutions if guests don’t feel the adventure is up to snuff. We just ask you to keep your expectations in check, consider the group as a whole, and be realistic with any special requests.
Guest Profile Form Submission
Guests must fill out this form as soon as flights are booked. Any changes to your itinerary, requires you to submit the complete form again through this channel.