Ascension Bay, Mexico // Trip Management Page
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE
COMPLETE GUEST PROFILE FORM AFTER BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS
We use this page to provide all relevant updates. Complete the form at the bottom as soon as your flights are booked. We also recommend printing this page to include with your travel documents.
Update 2/10/22 - Possibly No Fishing on Departure Day
"Due to the slower than normal ticketing process upon return, guests likely are not able to fish on the morning of the departure day. It's just taking longer than normal and for piece of mind the guides are just escorting guests in boats to the drop off point. If this changes, you can fish that morning but its critical we all get to the airport on time."
Required Travel Documents and Tests:
- Current Passport (check the exp. date)
- Negative COVID Test Upon Return (will be administered at the airport. Fee is +/- $25 and documentation will be provided)
- Release of Liability (attach when submitting the form below)
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (Global Rescue Suggested)
Links and Helpful Resources:
- Packing List and Currency Recommendations
- Trip Insurance Suggestion (Medical Evac Required) - a policy to cover voluntary cancellations typically must be purchased within 20 days of trip reservation.
- Emergency Contact Information: Rubi (WhatsApp): +52 1 (984) 136-6673
Flight plans are date(s) inclusive, Saturday to Saturday. Anglers must arrive in Cancun by about 5 pm, and depart no earlier than about 4:30 pm on the final day. As our travel hosts book their flights, we will post itineraries here for each week.
Booking Your Flight: We strongly recommend using a licensed travel agent. Having a professional to assist in sorting out situations with cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc. is sometimes essential. We use Jennifer @ CADENCE Travel.
Jennifer Kutzner - Direct: 858-551-4476 - Jennifer.Kutzner@cadencetravel.com
- Saturday - Arrive in Cancun by 5 pm - drive to Punta Allen in group transportation.
- Sunday - Friday - Fish (6) full days
- Saturday - Depart lodge in boats 8 am, fish till 11 am and meet ground transfer near Tulum. Drive to Cancun airport for 5 pm departure.
Lodge Name and Address:
Casa Viejo Chac
Punta Allen, Quintana Roo Mexico
Meetup In Cancun:
Assuming all goes as planned, your host and driver will find you outside your terminal. We have your flight plan. Please hang tight, stay put, and don't leave the outside area. It makes things much more complicated if you aren't where we expect to find you!
The host will wait up to 1 hour for late flight arrivals, but the show must go on. If you are late, the host will send you an SMS Text message letting you know the group has departed without you. If you miss the group transport, there are eco-tour shuttles or taxi's available at the Cancun airport. Expect to pay +/- $300 for the transfer and guests are independently responsible for getting to Casa Viejo Chac in Punta Allen.
Transportation to Punta Allen:
Drive time is roughly 4 hours. We will stop for "dinner to go" en route and some drinks. It's a bit of a grind, but worth the drive! If the dirt road is in rough shape, the driver, lodge, and host may decide that an overnight in Tulum is best. Cost is about $100 per person, and you will not lose any fishing time. Guests are responsible for this expense if required. The guides will pick you up in boats the next morning close to Tulum.
Roommates will be paired up in advance, guests that paid for single rooms will be accommodated in a "first come, first served" order based on when they booked as single angler. Space is limited and not guaranteed.
Alcoholic drinks are not included in the trip cost. Each angler will be able to run a tab throughout the week with the bar, and pay in cash on the final evening. If there is an alcohol you are particularly fond of, pick it up at Duty Free on the way.
- Power is standard 110V US style
- Biting bugs show up at night
- Tap water is not good
- Wi-Fi is spotty but available
- Cell Service is not available
- Fishing days are 8 hours including boat time
- Lunch is provided on the boats each day, breakfast at 7 am, dinner at 7 pm
Gratuities for the Guides and Staff
Our host will collect and combine everyone's tips on the last night. It is our way of insuring that no guide is undercompensated, everyone contributes evenly, and Red's continues to receive premium level service. Everyone from housekeepers to guides will be well taken care of.
- $500 for the week, with some $20 bills required.
- We recommend setting this aside in a separate envelope.
What to Expect from Your Host
The Red’s host is a liaison between guests and the outfitting destination. The host is there to act as the lead angler on the trip and help ensure that everyone has a great time. Historically, groups operate best when a friendly leader with an interest in your success is at the helm. The host will work with the lodge manager to oversee guide pairings, angler rotations, and is authorized to make decisions on behalf of the entire group.
When appropriate, the host may intervene and mix up guide rotations, angler pairings, and provide solutions if guests don’t feel the adventure is up to snuff. We just ask you to keep your expectations in check, consider the group as a whole, and be realistic with any special requests.
Guest Profile Form Submission
Guests must fill out this form as soon as flights are booked. Any changes to your itinerary, requires you to submit the complete form again through this channel.