Easy-Casting Short Skagit Fly Line
Two hand anglers that need to get sink tips delivered to bouldery runs with minimal back cast runs have chosen the Skagit style as their go-to. Despite extra short and other more specialized Skagit style lines coming on to the scene, the Skagit Compact is still the standard.
The Skagit Compact G2 is the culmination of thousands of hours of design, observation, and field testing. With a slightly shorter overall length than previous generations, increased rear taper, and manipulation of material densities, the G2 requires less energy to cast, produces tight and precise loops, and possesses the most stable flight characteristics we’ve ever seen in a Skagit head.
Using Zone Technology, the back of the head is more buoyant for better tracking and improved mending capability, and the tip features increased density to drive the cast on layout, and reduce hinging at the looped connection with the sink tip. The G2 is built on our low stretch PowerCore for unsurpassed sensitivity, and includes our newest high-float Super-DRI technology.
- Features welded loops on both ends
- Front Taper: The aggressive front taper allows for maximum turnover power for sink tip rigs.
- Belly: The belly is a moderate length for easy casting and the ability to reach on the longer casts..
- Rear Taper: The condensed rear taper makes for quick and easy loading and maximim shootability.
- Sink tips: All Skagit heads are designed to exclusively be used with sink tips. For the Skagit Compact G2, both FLO tip and CCT style sink tips are recommended.
- Running Lines: The Skagit Compact G2 includes the head only and requires a running line. Please browse our running line options to see which one suits your purposes.