Redington PREDATOR Saltwater Rod // Special Edition Sea Spray Color
Redington Predator Rod // Sea Spray Color
This is an awesome looking rod! This limited edition finish really spruces up a rod that has proved itself capable, reliable, and a strong rod for saltwater applications. We love the look and wish more rod builders would get creative with their finishes. It's a great looking rod and you'll turn some heads at the fishing lodge haha! Sweet rod, very good look.
We now offer the 890-4, 990-4, and 1090-4 in our Liquid Camo color application, in which no two rods have the same pattern. The SEA SPRAY color blends the blank into a saltwater setting and helps reduce rod flash. The fish will never know you’re there.
Choose a Reel
These rods are highly capable, so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to invest long term into a top end reel. We have several suggestions here on reels to maximize value in a "good, better, best" fashioned. We will include 30# backing at no cost, and will spool up your reel and a fly line if you choose to purchase one.
- Redington Behemoth (good)
- Redington Grande (better)
- Galvan Torque (best)
Fly Lines for the Redington Predator
We really like how the SA Grand Slam line casts on these rods. If you are looking for a Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon rig - the "grand slam" of in-shore fish, look no further than the SA Grand Slam taper. It's a floating line and is capable of presenting a large variety of flies, to a variety of fish species.
- Liquid Camo color application
- Intuitive fast action
- Dialed in-hand balance for lightweight feel and responsive casting
- Anodized machined aluminum reel seat, ideal for all water conditions
- Laser-etched model reference on reel seat for quick rod identification
- Epoxy-coated section tips to prevent sticking
- Durable cordura rod tube with built in rod dividers
- Alignment dots for easy rod setup
- Lifetime warranty