Douglas DXF Trout Spey Rods
These ultralight little trout spey rods are the ticket for anglers that are pitching sink tips and streamers. They are quite powerful and propel tight loops with weighted sculpin patterns with ease. Most of our testing has bee done with Skagit style heads. The 10'6" length is very good for technical streamer presentations involving brush, log jams, boulders, etc.
Skagit Head Line Recommendations for Douglas DXF Trout Spey RodWe like any of the OPST Commando or SA Spey Lite shooting heads on these rods. The short length makes them a perfect rod for trout spey work in tight quarters.
- 4106-4 Douglas DXF Trout Spey Rod +/- 265 Grains
- 5106-4 Douglas DXF Trout Spey Rod +/- 290 Grains
Douglas DXF RodsThe DXF is an award winning rod series; it also happens to be a great priced, mid-range fly rod that is both crisp and smooth when casting. You can feel each cast and shoot line easily as the rod comes alive when the casts get longer. We took this rod and put it thru our test "protocol" and came away impressed with the cast quality, the feel- especially the loading of the rod, and it's ability to step out of the "dry fly" box when throwing streamers. If you want fancy wraps, select wood or big name, there are plenty of rods out there that will work just fine. If you would like a work horse rod, that you can beat up and fish all day, this rod will do it.
Features and Benefits of the Douglas DXF Fly Rods
• High modulus blanks
• Fishing tapers for both strength and presentation
• Wood insert reel seat with anodized uplock retainer.
• AAA cork grip, scaled for each rod size
• Saltwater rods weights 7-10 weight
• Hard chrome stripper frames and snake guides
• Cordura triangle tube with rod sock